Thank you for visiting our Ramadan page. We would like to wish all members of the Muslim community in Leicester a Ramadan Kareem & Eid Mubarak.
We are running this campaign to raise awareness of the services we offer in our community to our members and the wider community if they have a musculoskeletal condition such as osteoarthritis or an auto-immune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus and many more.
We are a registered charity and having been working with community for nearly 10 years including many members of the Muslim community.
Please find below details of the services we offer for our members* (please note that we operate during term-times only). September dates will be confirmed.
- Mondays: YOGA - 11.30am-12.30pm - Peepul Enterprise - £3.00
- Wednesday: Seated/General Exercise session, 1.00 2.00pm - Peepul Enterprise - £1.00
- Wednesday: General Exercises 2.30-‐30pm - Tesco Express Shelthorpe Community Room - £1.00
- Thursdays: Leicester General Hospital Hydrotherapy 2 - 10.000am - 12.00pm (Members only) - waiting list. £3.00
- Thursdays - iPad Barclays Digital Eagles training (members only) 9.30-11.30am (no extra charge)-The Dock
- Sunday Club Children & Young People’s club Table Tennis and Fun Activities 2.00pm - 3.00pm (no extra charge)-Tesco Express Shelthorpe Community Room
- Monthly Meetings, Dock (LE4 5NU) July 13th - Dr Moorthy, Consultant Rheumatologist – ‘What’s new in Arthritis?’ 6.00pm – 8.00pm. The main entrance will be closed, please call 0333 344 4611 for access. (No extra charge)
- Annual Family Trip with Children with arthritis - 5th August 2015 Legoland Trip. Spaces Full for 2016. (No extra charge)
For members & non-members, we offer a drop-in sessions every Monday on from 10am-12pm at our offices (The Dock)
We also recognise that Ramadan is a month of charity, and we would welcome your donations to support us to offer our services to the existing community and start working on more specific local projects.
We are a volunteer run organisation, so please contact us if you would like to volunteer with us.
*Members pay £12 annually and get a bi-monthly magazine (Arthritis Digest) & an exercise DVD: